Thursday, November 1, 2012

Summer is over...

One last week on Mackinac island and the weather was fabulous....for one day. It was 70 and sunny, so  me and the roommates (and John;)) took advantage and went for another hike to find some caves...
the leaves were changing and I was able to get a few great shots of the trees.
Marquette Park

On the way to Mission Point

Mission Point Fall Leaves


Notebook we found hiking, some genius wrote this ;)

Downtown and Mackinac Bridge

The last week on Mackinac island was nuts. The island filled up with people for the Halloween party, and let me tell you, I have never seen such creative, awesome costumes!!!

Then the island died, and I mean DIED. 90% of the businesses shut down, streets emptied, and we shut the doors on the Summer Season at Horn's Bar. After 2 days of scrubbing on our hands and knees, we clocked out and said goodbye. The last night was spent doing last minute packing and hanging out waiting to hear if we would even be ABLE to leave!



Leaving Mackinac Island was a bit tricky....We hadn't thought that Hurricane Sandy would affect the people on the island. The winds started picking up on Monday and the weather channel warned of high winds and massive swells in the Great Lakes. Luckily the storm was a bit delayed with winds and swells turning out much smaller than predicted, allowing us to leave the island Wednesday morning.

With a few days at home, I am trying to organize my life mentally and physically. I had to remind myself that I wasn't rushing to get back to the island and had a little more time to go through my things and repack before heading on another Incredible Adventure....The Road Trip. Before THAT happens, we have this weekend when Michigan State University plays Nebraska. My new friends Zack and Greg will be coming down to go to the game, and friends will be coming from all over to get together and tailgate and hangout before we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions or questions!