Thursday, November 22, 2012

Back home for Thanksgiving...


San Francisco-Golden Gate Bridge


After making the very long journey home in 2 days. Yes. I said it. 2 days. We drove from San Francisco, California to Cheyenne, Wyoming in one day. We arrived at noon, slept from 1pm-9:30pm and then got back on the road to drive again. The next leg was from Cheyenne, Wyoming to Chicago, Illinois to spend a night at our siblings place. We crashed hard that night, and I'm still trying to make up the sleep that I lost in the last few days of the trip. This trip was amazing. I am SO glad I was able to make it, and that the people that came along were able to join.

To Miles and Greg- thank you for bringing humor into all situations.Greg for helping us finish all of our crossword puzzles, Miles for celebrating your Birthday with us in such a special way. To Kara and Katie- thank you for being an emotional support to me when I needed it. I will not thank you for being indecisive....I can't or wait...can I? I dunno...whatever you want to do....;) Kara- for wisdom and maturity beyond your true age. You are an amazing person and I'm so glad I met you on the island and our friendship will carry off of it. Katie- You have been one of my greatest friends over the last 4 years. I can't imagine working without you, or not being within a few minute drive of you. You are the best.

After a very long journey on the road exploring new towns, states, and nature. We come to the day we save each year to give "Thanks". With the kitchen wafting smells of spices, herbs and creative concoctions, and the TV blaring the Thanksgiving football game. We sip on seasonal beers and dip pretzels into sharp cheddar cheese.
I am so very thankful to be able to return home whenever I need to recharge, relax, vent, cry, or just be me. With the next month to organize my life and decide on my future, I take a few minutes to recognize the people that have changed my life.

Thank you to everyone I met this summer on Mackinac Island. It was an amazing experience, and I would never give that up.
To the friends that I have made- May we always keep in touch, or retouch whenever one is needed.
To the challenges I faced over the last 6 months- thank you for remolding who I am and what I will become.
To the people that tried to make my life difficult- may you find something better to do with your time.
To the island- may you always stay beautiful, true to your roots, and smell of horse shit and booze;)

To all my friends that live near and far- may we always be able to meet up, no matter how long it has been, and finish the joke we started telling years ago. Friendship is so important, and I'm glad to say I have amazing friends.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 
May you give thanks today, and every other day of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions or questions!